Here at the Dandy, your safety is our priority. We have taken a long time to reopen our doors and even then, it’s structured with numbers drastically reduced to an absolute maximum of 22 customers at any one time, for your safety, and ours too.
Our guide to the ‘current normal’ is as follows:
- We will open for limited hours Friday & Saturday only. We are not open for the public to wander in.
- Tables are for 4 people or 2 people, with a maximum of 2 bubbles per table.
- We ask you not to come to the pub if you have felt unwell in the past 2 weeks or if you have been abroad and returned within the past 2 weeks.
- Bookings are via the website ONLY. Here we will capture the information needed to contact you, in the event of a guest on the same night as you having a confirmed case of COVID-19. We will destroy your information after 1 month. We ask the person booking to take responsibility for contacting other party members, in the event of a confirmed case.
- There will be a table deposit taken at the point of booking. This will be deducted from your bill on the night. Please be aware it is non-refundable if you do not turn up for any reason.
- Upon arrival we will take your temperature and insist you anti-bac your hands, before being shown to your table. Please arrive promptly and all at the same time, in your group.
- Please if possible keep your jackets on your chair to limit movement around the pub. There will be a limited coat hanging space near your table.
- The corridor must remain clear at all times.
- Whilst masks are not mandatory in hospitality establishments we insist you bring one.
- Whilst seated at your table, you will not need to wear a mask. If you get up to use the toilet or go for a smoke, you will need to wear it whilst moving about in the pub.
- Smoking/Vaping will be outside the back door with only one person permitted at a time. It is a confined area and you must stay within the gated area. Please be considerate of our neighbours whilst outside.
- There will be no vaping inside the pub.
- Anti bac is provided on the tables. Please use it.
- We will provide table service. The bar is strictly off limits. We will take your order wearing a mask. We’ll bring your drinks to you the same way. We’ll also collect empties in this way.
- Please note we have never and will never reuse glasses.
- We ask you to keep the toilets as clean as possible and alert us to any issues, but we will be regularly cleaning them throughout all sessions. Anti bac gel and anti-bac soap have always been provided in our toilets. Please use it.
- During this period of change, we would much prefer card payments to limit the handling of cash, but ultimately it’s your choice.
- Children will not be permitted during this time and dogs must remain on a lead with their owner, at their allocated table.
This may all sound daunting. It isn’t really. These are just essential changes we all need to make to keep each other safe whilst trying to return to relative normality.
The Dandy has always been a social venue, somewhere to sit back and relax and chat to people you’ve never met before. We are inclusive and welcoming, and you; our customers are diverse and interesting and that won’t change. We will return to the old Dandy, but for now, this is the compromise.
Thank you for your continued support. It means the world to us.
Please, please just help us to make looking after you a little easier.
Assuring you of our best at all times
Jo & Phil Clayton